Monday, November 7, 2011

Kryptonite

Light dissolves into the darkness - this day,
A harsh coat of eeriness surrounds us,
Sharp shrills of sheer sorrow and dismay,
And, we fade into the abyss around us.

A wait awaits every night -
A hope of absence, the shame,
With all our might, I fight,
A weakness to miss the us - the same.

Everyday passes as if it never were,
But it was and it's still there.
I feel it and I know you do the same -
You still hear me when I call your name.

The sky above collapses with a creak,
As we depart a pace further,
And, I turn around to peek,
To retain the image a moment longer.

But, you're no longer there,
As if you never were.
And, as I see the love abate,
I assume I was a moment late.

I know you looked back at me,
I didn't see but it was this way.
I was a moment late, a moment unseen,
And, I feel sorry for that 'til this day.

You are my weakness, I don't know how,
But, you will be so for an eternity from now.