Sunday, December 26, 2010

Silhouette

I watched the sun set low
and the little house at the end of the rainbow
I watched the dusk set in, and the little ones hide
and the silhouette the tree made over the lake side

Pity, I was too far to touch the show,
or see the clouds on the hill tops glow
I just sat there smiling up at the sky
as the evening star looked down at me and smiled

sorrow of distance and yet a joy of getting to stay
I watched it, until the very end of that wonderful day
words wanted to sound but I had nothing to speak
so, I laid on the soft grass and went to sleep

It was cold, but not so to make me quiver
but the solitude there made my body shiver
nonetheless, I turned right and touched the sand
and rest my palm there as I dozed off to a dreamy land.

No comments:

Post a Comment