Sunday, December 26, 2010

Try Me

You gave me a rest, I couldn't see though
my naive mind always wanted to be more
“a bird flies in the sky, the wind gives it balance”
I became the bird, you just watched in silence
but maybe it wasn't so. Maybe what you did was
I suppose, what to the bird the wind always has
for, I felt you no matter how far apart you'd gone
and I know that the feelings weren't just mine alone.

Perhaps, “it's best to let him be” was on your mind
because, ‘betrayal’, I’ve always known isn't your kind
and that, perhaps, you had tears running down your lips too
and your heart aches, just like mine when I can't feel you.

Love. It always has been a strange entity, hasn't it?
constructive sometimes and sometimes tears you apart bit by bit.
But, it is the best thing that could happen to to any
You've got to be careful though, it's known to have crushed many.

The heart is a vessel, fill it, break it, it doesn't matter
because, the touch remains, even after the pieces scatter.
and besides “never love” and “don’t deny” are the only choices
it'd only be a fool who would not choose the latter

So, thank you, for all the warm words you shared
and all the time (maybe pretentious but) you cared
because you are the best friend I’ve ever lost
and of all the feelings I feel, “you” are what I’ve felt the most.


But, time changes and I realize it's useless to mourn
and maybe just like you said, “it's time to move on”
so, I write this to say that I won't look back anymore
Because, same thing again and again... makes you a bore
and I will find someone full of love, full of grace
and keep her within my heart, hold her with the warmest embrace
And, that's a promise, and my way to share
that you and your memories can rest in peace for all I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment